Happy Friday Facebook friends! I’m looking forward to a laid back weekend. How about you? I have been busy this week. I got an interesting question about the grounds here which I have been researching. One resource I turned up are these Plat maps of the Miami & Erie Canal. As you may know, the canal was drained so that the bed could be used for the subway. Where is our subway you might ask? Good question. The funds ran out before it was completed, so it was paved over to create Central Parkway in the 20s. The canal used to run right around the area that is now our campus. Check out the photos on the Greater Cincinnati Memory Project and see if you can find pictures of the canal as it once looked.
Cincinnati State Archives Webpage
- NEW Exhibit: Aviation History at Cincinnati State
- NEW Exhibit: Presidents of Cincinnati State (1969-Present)
- NEW Exhibit : In Focus: the Business Technologies Division
- Tuesday Trivia: What did students do with ice on Fountain Square on Christmas Eve 1976?
- Tuesday Trivia: Why did Cincinnati State students build a concrete canoe?
Tag Cloud1970s 1980s advertisements advertising archives audio Aviation baseball beards cincinnati collaboration culinary Dr. Long exhibit eyewear famous people fashion Henderson history House international Library Long mascot music mustaches newsletters newspapers photos preservation press releases records Schlimm science sideburns sports surge technology unidentified Wright
Cincinnati State Archives Flickr - Latest Photos