Our first candidate for the Cincinnati State Oral History Project was Debbie Bogenschutz, who worked as Coordinator of Information Services in Johnnie Mae Berry Library from January 1980 to April 9, 2012.
In her role as Coordinator of Information Services, Debbie watched Cincinnati State grow from a technical college serving about 3000 students to a technical and community college of nearly 11,000 in 2012. Debbie had many accomplishments including:
- building the library collection
- developing a wide-reaching program of library instruction
- designing the library website, which pre-dates the college website
- serving on numerous committees
- recognition by her peers by being elected to positions of leadership in Faculty Senate and the Cincinnati State AAUP, and by being nominated for the House/Bruckmann Faculty Excellence Award.
Debbie shared her thoughts with me about her time at the college. Listen to the audio interview below:
A transcript of the interview can be found here.